Friday, September 5, 2008

Favorite Time of Year

Yes, fall is my favorite season. It is still warm out, yet you can feel a slight chill in the air. Our home is filled with discussions about the new school year. If you look close enough you can follow the grass tracks from Tanner's cleats from the door, down the stairs into his room. Instead of flip flops in the basket it is Emma's ballet shoes. We begin homework, which right now is a joy,(don't know how long that will last). Football games start tomorrow. We are going up to Green bluff in a few weeks to pick apples and go through the corn maze. For some, saying goodbye to summer is a sad thing. For us in the Grover household, it is exciting!!! Fall also means, homemade soup and bread and wrapping up in a blanket, drinking hot cocoa while watching a favorite movie. Things are busy again and the schedule has begun but that is when we are at our best. I crave my husband and kids. I love to watch them grow in their endeavors. Life here has all the seasons, which I am thankful for.

2 comments:

caribickley said...

Sheri -
Your blog looks GREAT!! I too love the fall season. It is not my favorite but I love all of the change it brings and the anticipation of the holiday season. You are at a great season with your children. Soak it up for it will flee as quickly as the fall. LOVE YA

naomi3 said...

I love fall as well, but then there is the nagging feeling that soon it will snow! And after last year, I'm not looking forward to that at all!

Blog Archive


Chillin at Doug and Sally's

Relaxing by the fire

Relaxing by the fire
Paul and I at Deer Lake

Auntie Penny, Uncle Wally & my Mama